StyleClash - The Painting Machine Construction Kit
StyleClash is a unique take on the painting game for iPad2 that is fun to play and fun to watch.
With StyleClash you can create beautiful abstract paintings with a virtual 3-D painting machine. You can customize your machine by adding brushes, crayons, eccentric rotors and jet engines to influence your painting style. Go to Observe mode to watch your machine spin across the canvas as it creates a unique painting.
How to paint with StyleClash
The StyleClash app opens with your latest painting machine.
Editing the machine's properties
- Tap the "edit" button in the main menu to customize your painting machine.
- You can add any item from the top menu to your painting machine. Drag it toward your painting machine, and release it where you want it to connect. Use the red line for guidance.
- Tap and drag any item of your painting machine to modify its properties.
- To remove an item: tap any item at the end of a chain. A trashcan will appears in the corner. Click the trashcan to remove the selected item.
- A brush can be attached to any item.
- Tap and drag to change the color of your brushes.
- Left/right to change color. Up/down to change brightness.
- A jet engine can be attached to any item.
- Tap and drag the jet engine to change its power and its rhythm.
- Left/right to change rhythm, and Up/down to change power.
- You can attach an eccentric rotor to any object.
- Tap and drag to change the speed and rhythm of the rotor.
- Left/right to change eccentricity, and Up/down to change speed.
- Tap and drag to change the speed and rhythm of connectors.
- Left/right to change rhythm, and Up/down to change the length.
- Click the Play button to observe your machine in action.
- Zoom in and out by pinching.
- Rotate the view by panning.
- Tap the screen to go back to the main menu.
- Resetting your painting machine
- You can start with a fresh painting machine by loading the first machine via the 'share machine' menu.
Sharing your art
Share your finished canvas on StyleClashPaintings.com, Facebook, Twitter or via e-mail.
Save a movie of your painting machine in action on your iPad2, share it on Facebook, YouTube, or via e-mail.
Leave a comment on: styleclash.submarinechannel.com or contact the producer of StyleClash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter: SubmarineChannl #StyleClash
Watch 'The Making of StyleClash'
Including an interview with StyleClash designer Jochem van der Spek: